Monday 7 September 2020

Hiking alone in the smokies

 I enjoy hiking alone in the smokes, and of course I always carry my SKS with me for protection purposes.  I often hike to a campsite I had pre-planned to stay at. That day when I showed up, right before the sun went down, I found that someone was already there. They had a vintage tent and gear set up.

So I walked up and a skinny guy with hippie hair and a hippie beard gets out of the tent, and I noticed that his entire getup looks like he was straight out of the mid 60's. We begin to talk as I set up my tent, and I find out apparently he is some hippie soul searching in the mountains. He was completely cool with my gun.

That night we talked around the fire until midnight, and about this time I start hearing this moaning sound. It was very quiet at first, but it started to get louder. Then, quietly, I asked hippie if he hears it too. He said, "Yeah, but don't worry, as long as i'm here he can't hurt us."

I thought, 'LOL OK'. I tried go to sleep, the hippie still sitting by the fire. I continued to hear the moans get louder, so I chambered a round in the SKS and waited. I didn't get a wink of sleep. I heard the moans come closer, and then back off. Eventually the moaning stops, when I start hearing the birds. I slowly open up my tent in the morning to see hippies gear completely gone. I figured I could've fallen asleep without realizing it, but as I look around, the ground where hippie had his stuff set up, it was undisturbed. There was absolutely no evidence he had even existed at the site. So at that point, I decided to go home. 

Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment