Thursday 10 September 2020

Imaginary friend

 


My best friend is Corey. He has been for over a year now. After my "accident" things changed for me. I'd felt alone. So confused.

We met in the park, Corey was on the swings. I'd never seen him before. He'd said he had no parents, no brothers or sisters, no friends to play with. I felt sorry for him. We did everything together. Sleepovers, video games, adventures, you name it! But I heard the adults whispering complaints. . . "It's just a phase." "He's only eight, he'll grow out of it!" "He'll make real friends soon." 

One day I couldn't find him. I checked everywhere for him. I finally found him on the swing,  back in the park where we had first became friends. Looking at me sadly, he said he had to go, and that I couldn't follow.


I watched him vanish in the distance. I never saw him again after that. I feel so lost, so confused. His last words to me. . .


"My Aunt says I'm to old to play with  Imaginary friend's.."


Reddit user "The-Specter-General"


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHcDCIn6k-L5URK_HcMms8w


https://www.reddit.com/u/The-Specter-General 


No comments:

Post a Comment