Monday 14 September 2020

The Wardrobe

 The is a story that I heard many times from my mother, my aunts, my uncles and my grandparents. The house they lived in had a long hallway, and at the end of the hall was a wardrobe that my grandmother had bought.

At the end of the hall to the left was my mother and her sisters' room, and to the right was the room where two of my uncles stayed.

The wardrobe was very old, and had been through a fire. The only damage to the wardrobe was the finish, it bubbled from the heat. My grandparents never bothered to refinish it.

The story repeats itself often. When someone was passing the opposite end of the hall, you could see an apparition in your peripheral vision, standing in front of the wardrobe. However, when you turn to look, nothing would be there. On several occasions a family member would be walking down the hall towards their room, and would see a full apparition walking twords them from where the wardrobe sits. I was told that the fire that damaged the wardrobe also claimed the life of the lady who owned it. My grandparents are both gone now, but my aunt and her husband now own the house and the wardrobe still sits where it always has; at the end of the hall. From time to time, the apparition still makes an appearance.


    Submitted by  B.P.          

No comments:

Post a Comment