Friday 25 September 2020

Grandpa

 



This is a story my father told me several times while I was growing up, it's about what happened right before his father passed. According to my dad, his father was not a religious man. He doesn't remember his father ever attending church. For the last few days before he passed, however, he would pick up a Bible, "that only he could see,"announce a page and chapter to turn to, and then he would begin reading. My dad said that someone picked up a bible and turned to the page he said, and was able to follow along while my grandfather read. Alongside all this, he would never let anyone sit on the bed when they came to see him. He would tell them that there were angels playing on the foot of the bed, and that he didn't want anyone to sit on them.

Now, I think that seeing the angels could be explained by my grandfather being very ill and close to death, having hallucinations is somewhat common. However, reading from the invisible Bible is more difficult to explain. 

D.L.Garvin 


No comments:

Post a Comment