Monday 28 September 2020

Tha Visit

 My real dad visited me when I was hospitalized from a car accident. I almost lost my leg when I was 13. It was really weird since I had never seen my real Dad, since he passed away before I was born, and I only had pictures of him.

The doctors and my mom were standing in the hall way, they were telling my mom about the possible amputation. Making a long story short, my mom said, "No, you are not removing her leg, you get somebody here that can save her leg!" To which, they did. They had a doctor fly  in from out of town and he was able to save my leg. Anyway my leg was really bleeding and it was hanging on from underneath the skin. I was in the emergency room, laying on the table, waiting for what seemed like forever. I was scared to tears. This man touched my knee, he said, "Everything will be okay." 

It was all he said, with a smile at that.

The nurse came in and said she was going to take me down the hall. I said, "There was a man just here!"

She told me, "No, honey nobody has been here." 

I argued, "Yes he was! He touched my knee and said I was going to be ok!" 

His hand print was on the sheet. She looked around but couldn't find him. My mom came in and asked who came in. I'd said my dad, and when she told me he was at work, I corrected her. "No, my dad in the photo! He touched my knee!"

P.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment